Reporting to the Associate Art Director, The Visual Designer will help create execute design of our digital design presence in the form of websites, mobile app development and emails for our multiple brands and products. In this role, you will be aiding the Associate Art Director, and Sr. Director of Brand Design, in directing and executing a consistent presence for each of our audio brands on all digital platforms. The position is located at our global headquarters in Vista, CA
This role is for a highly capable individual contributor who can shine by working collaboratively with other designers, and work across Marketing/Sales/Brand Management. They are highly organized and self-driven, and has the composure and communication talent to effectively present to internal stakeholders.
We are looking for a curious, collaborative designer with a deep understanding of user experience, user interface, web design, and mobile app development. This individual should have a strong understanding of graphic design, identity design, and branding. They need to have exceptional visual messaging and communications skills, as well.
Working primarily with web/mobile layouts and deliverables, including icon creation, web design, mobile app design, infographics, logos, and digital presentations, the visual designer will be familiar with industry-standard software (Adobe CC and Sketch, primarily), plus they need wire framing skills.
They must have an awareness of how front-end developers work, and the languages they use. Knowing how to code is not a necessity, however they at least need to know how to communicate with the development teams, and how to create designs that take into account what is possible in the code.
This designer will have a keen interest in innovation and enjoy collaborating with product managers, engineers and other designers across our diverse array of audio Brands (Polk Audio, Definitive Technology, Polk Boom, Denon, Marantz, HEOS, and Boston Acoustics).
Responsibilities and Duties
The Visual Designers key responsibilities include:
- Create forward thinking designs, illustrations, iconography in the digital design space across multiple brands on a global scale including but not limited to:
- Website design o Wire framing o Mobile app design o Email design
- Designs that are responsive and in line with industry standards
- Must have an understanding of all current responsive design guidelines and apply them to our web & mobile platforms, staying up-to-date with design application changes and industry developments
- Collaborate with internal UX/UI designers to understand the user interface & user experience requirements
- Collaborate with digital marketing team members to execute on key digital strategies and optimize the overall design of our branded websites.
- Develop prototypes and models to use in various products to maximize aesthetic consistency
- Demonstrated ability to influence projects from concept to delivery and ongoing improvement and clearly communicate the designs/strategies to key stakeholders
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong visual concept ideation and storytelling
- 2-3+ years of experience in the visual design field
- Demonstrated experience creating highly visual impactful designs that solve complex problems in web and mobile platforms
- Must have skills in typography, layout, illustration, iconography, wire framing, web, and mobile app design
- Demonstrated ability to influence projects from concept to delivery and ongoing improvement
- Mastery of standard Design Tools (Adobe CC, Sketch etc.)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
This individual must demonstrate both strong visual design skills, and leadership skills, in order to guide key stakeholders towards understanding of the provided solutions. If you are passionate about the future of audio, have a love of music and movies, and have a love of design and creating innovative, elegant, customer focused designs, we want to talk to you.
Job Type: Full Time
Required experience: Graphic Design; 2 years