Reporting to the Senior Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources Manager will be a Business Partner responsible for managing and delivering a full suite of the company’s human resources services. These include recruitment, employee development, compensation and benefits, performance management, organization development, communications and employee relations in order to support the requirements of several functional groups. The position is located at our global headquarters in Vista, CA.
The selected candidate will lead our efforts in implementing and managing human resources processes, policies, procedures, and initiatives which align with and support strategic and tactical business objectives. S/he will work collaboratively with global HR leaders in other regions to harmonize, where necessary, practices relating to compensation, performance management, employee recognition and rewards and building a winning global culture. This requires someone who has 6–8 years of progressive human resources experience in a Generalist/Business Partner capacity, demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills, and expertise in supporting multiple functional areas. The successful candidate will be a person who is globally collaborative, a change agent who has the skills to influence and lead others to adopt and support the company’s mission.
In addition to working closely with the Senior Director of HR, this role will also collaborate extensively with their assigned business groups to bring ideas to execution. Specifically, this individual will identify the major strengths and weakness of the assigned business groups’ organization structure and “people” strategies by evaluating areas such as talent management, organization design and development, recognition and reward programs, communication, etc. Supported by data and based on these findings, the HR Manager will recommend and implement strategies and tactics designed to support the business’ successful achievement of its objectives. The position also manages one direct report.
The Human Resources Manager’s key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring compliance with the organization’s policies, procedures and practices in concert with applicable state and federal employment laws.
- While using policy and practice as a guide, working closely with managers to understand the business problem and offer creative and innovative solutions.
- At all times, treating associates with the utmost of professionalism, fairness, dignity and respect.
- Building trust based relationships which provide the foundation for a high level of collaboration and teamwork thus ensuring a strong business partnership with client groups/business units.
- Implementing best practices in supporting the delivery of HR processes at the business unit level.
- Focusing on strategic HR planning, advice, consultative services and subject matter expert implementation.
- Acting as the primary point of contact for all associates in the assigned business units.
- Possessing a deep knowledge of the client groups organization, strategies and products in order to align, execute and be a true Business Partner.
- Identifying improvement opportunities, proposing and implement necessary changes to mitigate risk and enhance organizational performance.
- Acting as a “Talent Manager” and performance improvement expert to drive positive changes in people management practices.
- Leading change management initiatives and managing HR related internal communications in support of change.
- Oversee and manage HR support staff execution of day-to-day administrative HR functions ensuring compliance with all applicable organization policies and procedures in addition to Federal and state employment law.
Required Skill Set
- Strong influencing and change management skills while simultaneously demonstrating the attributes of collaboration, team building and participative decision making
- Ability to quickly build trust based relationships at all levels in the organization; having a reputation for being fair and objective and “calling them as you see them”
- Demonstrated expertise in the following areas:
- Communication—listening, writing, presenting and interpersonal/influencing
- Performance Management
- Employee Development
- Employee Relations
- Employment Law – multi-state and Federal
Preferred Skill Sets
- Experience with the ADP product suite or similar systems
- Familiarity with web/cloud based talent management tools (e.g. SAP SuccessFactors)
- Microsoft Office suite of products
- Prior management or supervisory experience
To be successful in this role, the selected candidate will need to be an “up and coming” yet well-seasoned Human Resources professional who can hit the ground running with minimal supervision. S/he will quickly become a significant contributor to the business with the ability to collaborate and work effectively cross-functionally and cross-culturally within the company.
- A minimum of 6–8 years of overall business experience including a strong HR foundation
- An undergraduate degree preferably in Business or the behavioral/social sciences
- Intellectually curious, strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- The ability to think strategically, make the business case and translate ideas into actions
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org