Under the supervision of the Director of FP&A, this position will be responsible for managing the various aspects of sales analysis including the daily sales flash and sell-through reporting. The candidate will interface with the various sales operations leads as well as other internal customers such as the Brand and Marketing teams. In addition, this role will be responsible for preparing various sales metric reports which are prepared monthly and presented to upper-level management. The ideal candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and must be flexible as ad-hoc reporting is a key aspect of the position. The candidate must also possess strong tactical skills as there is a heavy amount of data that has to be manipulated in Microsoft Excel to provide management with information that will assist with the decision-making process. This position will be located at our corporate headquarters in Vista, CA.
The Financial Analyst key responsibilities will include:
- Prepares sales variance analyses on a daily and monthly basis, identifies trends and anomalies, and makes recommendations for corrective action.
- Support the VP of Sales Operations by providing data that will assist with the sales forecasting process.
- Develops and utilizes Microsoft Excel and other software applications to build standard and ad-hoc reports that will be used to analyze sales and increase the accuracy of the forecasting process.
- Performs in-depth analysis of sales performance and trends.
- Works with the various leaders in each region to prepare and distribute the weekly sell-through analysis.
- Prepares variance analyses and includes commentary which explains why the results vary from the budget or prior year results.
- Uses technical skills to streamline processes to reduce time dedicated to collecting and analyzing the data.
Required Skill Sets:
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Strong personal computer and business intelligence software skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with Accounting and upper management.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills for communicating with employees and management.
- Strong planning and organizational skills to balance priorities.
Please send your resume to email@example.com