Director of Planning & S&OP, Americas
Reporting to the Vice President of Global Supply Chain, The Director of Planning and S&OP will be responsible for managing the Americas demand and supply plans for all Sound United brands. This individual will be the owner and coordinator of the S&OP process. The position is located at our global headquarters in Vista, CA.
The selected candidate will be responsible for achieving customer satisfaction through optimum planning of stock and sales. The candidate will review actual sales performance results and use their analytical skills and tools to help create a demand plan. The candidate will work with the sales, marketing, and finance teams to understand what is happening in the market to help create the forecast and provide feedback for them to help improve the accuracy and timeliness of the forecasting process.
Additionally, the Director of Planning and S&OP will work with our central supply chain team to keep inventory stocked and flowing as per the sales plan.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Director of Planning & S&OP, Americas’ key responsibilities include:
§ Owner and coordinator of the Americas S&OP process
§ Responsible for generating the demand and S&OP plan for each of the brands monthly.
§ Responsible for creating the monthly forecast and financial commitment to the business.
§ Consolidate sales plans, compare to financial plans and initiate actions to manage deviations and control the process.
§ Utilize RapidResponse (our ERP planning and forecasting tool) to prepare for the monthly sales reports and consensus meeting. You will analyze and report on the:
o Sales forecast
o Stock forecast
o Planning, budget and incoming stock
o Availability of goods
§ Calculate purchase requirements, prepare purchase plans and communicate with the SCM team regarding total regional requirements.
§ Work with the SCM team on inventory and replenishment planning.
§ Support the sales team and order desk with the resolution of order/delivery related issues.
Drive the business to achieve key metrics on inventory, accuracy and E&O.
Qualifications and Skills
- A bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or other relevant discipline.
- 10+ years of experience in supply chain/planning management, preferably in a consumer products goods company.
- Experience with ERP planning tools. A Kinaxis RapidResponse background is a plus.
- Strong influencing and management skills while simultaneously demonstrating the attributes of collaboration, team building and participative decision making.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to present your findings in a polished, succinct manner.
- Ability to work across multiple systems and analyze, consolidate, and report on data.
- Ability to quickly build trust based relationships at all levels in the organization.
- Utilizing knowledge, skills, tools, techniques and systems to define, visualize, measure, control, report and improve processes with the goal to meet company requirements profitably.
- MS office proficiency, especially in Excel and PowerPoint. Advanced Excel skills are a definite advantage.
Preferred Skill Sets
- Professional training and/or certification in supply chain management is a plus.
- Global supply chain experience would be beneficial.
- Familiarity with the consumer goods industry.
Job Type: Full-time
- Supply Chain Management: 10 years