Reporting to the Vice President of Mass/National Sales, the Director of Sales will be focused on one of our top strategic accounts, Amazon, as we expand our business. The Account manager acts as the primary interface between Sound United and Amazon, so strong and professional communication skills are critical. The Director of Sales is expected to work with their assigned business contact and other teams within Amazon to develop and execute a comprehensive strategy resulting in a material increase in our business at Amazon while minimizing disruption with other distribution channels. The leader will also troubleshoot issues, address systems issues, and provide process improvement suggestions.
This role requires the candidate to live in the Seattle area and have experience calling on Amazon.
The Director of Sales key responsibilities will include:
- Manage and grow established consumer electronics partnership with Amazon
- Achieve or exceed budgeted Sound United sales at Amazon
- Create and own strategy to achieve annual business plan
- Assess SU brand assortment and online existence and proactively make recommendations for assortment changes
- Establish and participate in meeting cadence with Amazon team(s)
- Effectively communicate with multiple internal and external cross functional contacts to ensure all aspects of the company’s go to market strategy with Amazon are executed
- Work cross functionally to support new brand/product launches
- Support marketing strategy for each product category
- Prepare weekly demand forecast update for month and quarter tracking towards annual target
- Work with internal team members to ensure demand forecast process is followed through from submission to ship date
- Proactively manage account through all forms of communication
- Analyze Amazon performance data including but not limited to sell through data (POS), sell in data, Vendor Central performance metrics, etc. and develop action plans to improve results
- Collaborate with marketing on developing marketing plan including determining most effective spend; develop ROI analysis to best understand use of marketing funds
- Create, organize and disseminate data to be used for business planning and decision making
- Negotiate and manage annual programs inclusive of marketing direction and funding allocation
Required Skill Sets:
- High Scholl Diploma, Bachelors preferred
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar position
- Strong computer and organizational skills
- Previous Amazon account management experience required
The ideal candidate must have demonstrated experience in customer acquisition, account management, marketing insights, and professional customer communication and organic sales growth. You need to be persistent, capable of multitasking, and have an eagerness to get involved.
- Excellent communicator with excellent people skills.
- Ability to tactfully and courteously deal with employees and others.
- Ability to work independently set priorities, solve problems and make decisions.
- Thorough knowledge of Sound United brands, audio technologies, competitive environment, and service provider retail landscape
- SEO at brand level
- Computer knowledge including fluency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Please send your resume to email@example.com