Reporting to the Vice President of Procurement, the Director of Indirect Procurement will be focused on establishing strong collaborative relationships with senior leaders in functional areas to align around category strategies and project requirements, scopes, and timelines. They will be tasked to develop/update a sourcing strategy for each area as appropriate. Additionally, they will partner with global and regional offices to drive procurement through the supply chain team and eliminate unmanaged spend. This role will be based in our Vista, CA headquarters.
The Director of Indirect Procurement’s key responsibilities will include:
- Utilize strategic sourcing process to identify, negotiate and implement indirect procurement initiatives to drive cost savings.
- Guide Functional groups (Executive office, Product Marketing, Finance, IT,HR, Legal, Marketing, Customer Care and New Product Development teams) in discovery, contract negotiation, optimizing economic value, on-time delivery of product & services, cost management & reduction, supplier & partner risk mitigation, and scope of work development .
- Identification and preparation of indirect spend projects for competitive bidding
- In-depth analysis of total indirect spend data, RFP results and post-negotiation optimization
- Task management of Procure-to-Pay activities
- Vendor negotiations and supplier relationship management
- Lead the implementation of e-sourcing tools across Sound United
- Performs total cost analysis; Identifies and coordinates new indirect project and savings opportunities cross-functionally.
- Execute contracts/agreements with suppliers that minimize total cost,
- Measures and holds indirect suppliers to defined SLAs (contractual) and ensures proper remuneration is received for lack of performance.
- Measures and reports internal compliance to new and existing indirect initiatives.
- Cooperatively develops specifications and processes to service multiple production sites.
- Manage performance against contract terms and recommend courses of action to rectify discrepancies.
- Lead strategy and planning of Sound United’s global facilities, includes budget management new and existing facilities.
Required Skill Sets:
- BS/BA with 10+ years relevant experience
- 7- 10 years of experience of Procurement Management, including strategic sourcing procurement, contracts and vendor management in a mid to large size company. Indirect
- spend procurement a plus.
- Demonstrated success in performing spend analysis, managing the entire RFQ, RFP process, and negotiating and managing large, complex contracts in corporate environment
- Proficient in e-sourcing tools a plus
- Knowledge of ERP systems a plus
- Experience in leading and managing sourcing projects and support cross functional internal organizations
The ideal candidate must have demonstrated experience in strategic sourcing for key spend categories, contract management, metric reporting and additional procurement functions directly associated with the company’s acquisition of non-merchandise materials, services and fixed assets. This position will identify and lead the execution of expense reduction opportunities while working collaboratively with business partners throughout the organization.
- Expertise in multiple direct/indirect categories, such as IT, HR, Legal, marketing, travel, benefits and facilities is preferred.
- Demonstrable record of attaining cost reductions and working within target-driven environment
- Familiarity with the Strategic Sourcing method or other sourcing process/procedures
- Strong analytical ability and high competence with Excel and other MS Office tools.
Interested? Please send your resume to email@example.com